Finding cheap car storage near you
Whether you’re in the market for car storage for a vintage car or just an extra vehicle you don’t have space for in your driveway, it’s important to do your research before choosing a storage facility. There are a lot of options available when looking for car storage in Cleveland, but how do you know what’s best for you? This depends on your storage needs as well as your price range. Let’s take a closer look at car storage options and the factors you should take into consideration when choosing one.
Let’s explore storage options in your area
Car storage Sizes
The first thing you want to decide is the size car storage you will need. Storage units are available to accommodate various vehicle sizes. Car storage facilities often base price on size. Not every facility has the same standard unit sizes, as sizes can range from 10’x10’ to 10’x20’ or more. Sizing also depends on whether you choose indoor or outdoor car storage, as you may be able to store even larger vehicles outside.
- 10’x10’ storage unit: Probably the smallest unit you can use to store a vehicle us a 10’x10’ unit. This would be a great option for very small, two-seat compact cars or motorcycles. Most other vehicles will not fit into this size unit. An example of a vehicle that could fit into a 10×10 is a Smart for two.
- 10’x15’ storage unit: If you’re looking to store a compact vehicle, a 10’x15’ car storage unit may be the best option. Be sure to measure your vehicle from bumper to bumper to ensure it will fit. Some of the common compact vehicles that would fit in this type of car storage include, Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Ford Fiesta, Ford Escape, Mazda2, Honda CR-V, Honda Civic, Chevrolet Corvette and other similar-sized cars.
- 10’x20’ storage unit: If you own a larger car or truck, it will likely fit in a 10’x20’ unit. This size storage unit would also work for full-size SUVs, minivans and sedans. If your vehicle still cannot fit in this size unit, you may need to go with a 10’x30’ or larger unit. Some of the vehicles that may not fit in a 10’x20’ unit include Nissan Titan, Toyota Tundra, Ford Expedition, Ford Excursion Lincoln Navigator and GMC Sierra.
Types of Car Storage
Another important decision you have to make is the type of car storage you want. There are typically three types to choose from.
Outdoor car storage is a great option if you’re looking for a more affordable option. It’s also ideal if you need a larger space for an oversized vehicle like as a bus or RV. However, it’s not the best option if you would like to keep your vehicle protected from the rain, snow, and other outdoor elements.
Indoor car storage is an option if you want some protection for your vehicle. Although it may cost you more each month, it could be worth it if you’re storing a vintage car or just want to keep your ride in tip-top shape.
Covered car storage is an in-between option. This is outdoor storage space, but your car would be parked under some type of cover. This can provide some protection for your vehicle while saving money each month.
When it comes to choosing car storage in Cleveland for your precious ride, don’t forget about available amenities. What are some of the amenities you can choose from?
- Climate control: Weather can be so unpredictable. If you want to protect your vehicle, consider climate controlled car storage. This is not only a good option for harsh Cleveland winters, but also a smart idea if you live in an area with a hot and humid climate like Florida.
- 24-hour access: Each storage facility has different rules when it comes to hours of access. Getting 24-hour access may cost you more, but you’ll be able to move your car in and out as needed.
- Security: How much peace of mind do you need when it comes to your car storage? Many storage facilities offer gated access with security cameras. If this isn’t enough for you, some storage facilities offer a 24-hour security guard.
Car storage prices can vary based on all of the factors listed above. The unit size you need will greatly affect the price. An indoor small car storage units in Cleveland can range from $40-$110 a month, while a large storage unit can range from $100-$240 a month.
Find car storage in Cleveland to fit your needs
Did you know you don’t have to use a commercial facility for car storage? With Hopperstock, you can rent car storage in Cleveland right from your neighbor! If someone near you has extra space available in their garage, they can post it on Hopperstock and you can rent it! Find out more by browsing out site and check out the hosts in your area.