We live in difficult times. Prices are soaring, jobs aren’t too easy to come by and even if they are, they require a lifetime of education to be snagged. However, because the human spirit is all about coming up with solutions, there’s one for people who own properties and are looking to make some money – letting out spaces in their homes as storage space.
Your Step By Step List On How To Rent Out Your Basement as Storage in Ohio
- To begin with, follow the rules.
- Find out from your local authorities what the legal aspect of renting your storage space is.
- Find out whether the local zoning laws allow you to begin such a business.
- If you are a tenant, make sure your landlord knows about this. Subletting can be illegal in some cases.
- If you own the residence, you’d need to check out with other members of the community if it’s okay to begin a storage space endeavor.
- Once all this is done, you’d need to ensure your basement is storage spaceworthy.
- Make sure there are no leakages.
- You would also need to ensure that you follow health regulations that are prevalent in your area and state.
- Install smoke detectors so that any untoward incident will be recognized almost immediately.
- If the basement requires a paint job, get it done. You do need to show your customers a warm and welcoming place.
- You will need to do some storage space management and ensure that the space you get is the best used.
- If you have a smaller area, you’d need to get some storage racks for a bigger storage area.
- When it comes to the rent aspect, you’d need to do some research and find out what’s the nominal amount of rent for storage spaces in your area.
- Register on Hopperstock.com
- Visit Hopperstock on your browser
- You can either sign in via e-mail or Facebook
- From the drop-down box, select Host as our role and select update
- To add units, click the add unit tab and provide the information required, like Unit Name, Unit Description, Unit Address, Unit Images, Unit Size, etc.
- You’d also need to add in what kind of monetary returns you are looking for.
- That’s it, hit update and you can later check your entry on the Shop Page, Active Units in Host Dashboard.
Once you register your basement on Hopperstock, you will be able to find tenants for renting your storage space in your basement in a quick, efficient and hassle-free manner. The above is step by step information about how to earn using your free basement space as storage space and making money out of it. Register your basement on Hopperstock today and get on the path of making money!
Here is a tutorial video on how to register yourself as a Storage Host & add your basement as a unit: