Do you want to rent out your garage space to make a little extra money each month? Are you ready to start renting out your space? You can put your garage, or any extra space, to work making money each month. And you can probably do it sooner than you think. Once you have made the decision to rent out your space, the rest of the process is easy if you follow the steps laid out in the articles below.
Making the decision to join the sharing economy by renting out your space can be the hardest step in the process. Once you have done this, the rest is simply following the checklist.
6 steps to rent out your garage
Follow these 6 steps and you will be renting out your garage for extra cash in no time. Each step is easy to follow, and when you follow this blueprint you can rest easy knowing you have crossed your T’s and dotted your I’s. First be sure to do your research and ensure that you can legally rent out your space. Check with your city, and if you are part of an HOA, be sure to check with them as well.
Once you have done your homework and know that you can legally rent out your garage, the next step is to clean it out. Do you have your own boxes and hobbies stored in your garage? Schedule a weekend to clean it out, and then really clean it out. Get rid of any cobwebs, sweep the floors, and be sure there aren’t any holes that might leak over the winter.
Now that you have cleaned out your garage, it’s time to take some pictures and write up a great description for your listing. With great pictures of your clean garage and a detailed listing of all your amenities you will be able to ask for top dollar. This will mean more money in your pocket each month. Follow the 6 steps outlined in this article to rent out your space in no time.
Checklist for renting out your space
This checklist was first published by Hopperstock here, following a checklist ensures that you don’t accidentally miss a step. This way your experience as a landlord with Hopperstock is painless and fun, and profitable.
- Be sure your rental space is clean
- Be sure your space is well lit
- Make sure everything works, from the locks to the security system
- Be sure everything is safe and any shelving is secure
- Then take any pictures that will show off how great your space is
- If you are part of an HOA be sure to check that renting out your garage is ok
- If you are a renter, check with your landlord before subletting your space
- Be sure to alert your neighbors that someone new will be accessing your garage so they don’t inadvertently report your renter
- Write out any rules you want your renter to follow so they can sign the contract before renting out your space
- Now you are ready to list your space, knowing that you have followed the checklist
- Rent out your space and collect the money automatically each month through Hopperstock
Follow this checklist and you will be able to confidently list your space knowing you are well on your way to joining the sharing economy through peer to peer storage with Hopperstock.
Setting up your HopperStock profile
Setting up your profile and listing your space for rent on Hopperstock can be quick and easy, if you know the steps to take. This article lays out the 8 steps for you so you can easily create your account and get your space listed today. Whether you like to follow out written steps, or you prefer to watch a video, we have you covered. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the article to watch the step by step video for creating your profile on Hopperstock.
From the first step of making the decision to rent out your space all the way to collecting the money each month, these three articles will walk you through each step of the way.
Are you ready to start making money today from your garage? Then follow these steps and take them all the way to the bank.
HopperStock can help you make some extra passive income each month by renting out your extra spaces around your home. From your garage to your attic, find your space and then follow the checklist to ensure you don’t miss a step.